Thursday, April 24, 2008

the Icing transformation challenge and my week so far

In Monday's post I refered to the Icing Transformation challenge (ITC). This is from the amazing galadarling.com site which I've raved about before. This post http://galadarling.com/article/icing-transformation-challenge-announcement
gives you an idea of what it's about. Essentially choose a couple of things you want to comitt to doing for a month to improve yourself physically and mentally.

My diet is pretty good, especially now that spring produce is arriving at the market. I'm doing fine exercise wise although I must start going to lunchtime yoga now classes are running again. I've decided to do facial exercises and use EFT to work on my fears and worries.

I saw Eva Fraser do a talk and demonstration at the Vitality show and am interested in the idea of exercising facial muscles to stop them sagging. Alas there is a long waiting list for her book at the library and I'm not certian if I should buy it instead. In the meantime, I've found another book on the library shelves. It still about facial exercises but by a different author. I'm giving it a try and doing the excercises daily as sugegsted. They only take about 5 minutes so I should be able to fit them in although you couldn't really do them in public unless you wanted to look very odd. Wonder if I should do before and after pictures?

I want to try EFT for various things that I get worked up about. I also want to see if it will help with my fear of dogs. I often come across dogs when I am out walking. The trail is also jsut the kind of place that dogs are let on their leads and run around. I just freeze when I see them and think that they will attack me. I also don't like walking past places where there is a barking dog even if it behind a high fence. Clearly if I got to grips with this fear then my walks would be stress free without me scanning the horizon for potential threats!

Joblist wise I am doing very well. I took photographs of some more Sindy stuff on Monday. Tuesday I uploaded to my computer. Last night I edited the pictures and wrote the descriptions. I also cleaned the bathroom.

So all in all things are progressing well. My seeds (planted Saturday) are sprouting. I even used up the last portion of cauliflower and millet mash last night (I used vast quantities of chilli powder to mask some of the taste). Feel I should make cupcakes this weekend to celebrate!

May the tofu be with you!

No comments: