Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Pants!

I was alarmed to read recently that apparently the average life of a pair of knickers is 3 months! As I have some that are celebrating a decade of so (albeit in a rather greying tatty state) I began to wonder what this 3 month life span is based upon. I suppose if you only had say 8 pairs and were endlessly washing them they might well wear out after 3 months. Isuppose it also depends on your definition of worn out!

Is this a call them for the capsule underwear wardrobe? Just enough pairs, in neutral shades with a few brights for nights out?

The snag is you need different colours and type of underwear to go under different outfits and for different situations. Although I have (during my 'wear only black' decade) gotten away with one colour and minimal bras things have changed. Dear Heart's Mother bought me some adorable green lace knickers for Christmas and since then I been buying and wearing all kinds of colours!

Just in case anyone is wondering I did finally get a trouser suit from New Look. It was in the sale so I was able to justify buying 2 pairs of trousers to go with the jacket. I'm not sure why it was so reduced as it also seemd to be on sale at full price elsewhere in the store. And Ok it wasn't grey, it was black with a sort of stripe pattern thing. But it just shows that the wardrobe fairy is watching. Mimi - take heart - you will find your perfect bridesmaids dresses, just maybe not in the form you expect.

I did buy a blouse but had been thinking about the glamour of Dita Von Teese when I was browsing so it turned out to be less suitable then I imagined at the time. I'm sure it will be good with a coloured vest underneath to cover my pride.

I find shirts under a suit jacket are a real pain. They are just so fussy. Happily when I tried on my green galaxy top it looked fabulous and much sleeker. I can't believe that I've always bought skirts suits before (not even sure why). A trouser suit is so comfortable and easy to wear. I think I may need a to acquire a few more at the January sales...

No comments: